Substantial change and non-substantial change
The processing of non-substantial and substantial changes allows to keep updated the Authorization or Environmental License.
Law 20/2009, on prevention and environmental control of activities, establishes that a project that incorporates substantial modifications of the activities already authorized and includes the non-substantial modifications with effects on the environment, must be presented to the Administration.
The parameters to qualify the modifications as substantial or non-substantial, considering the greater or lower incidence of the planned modification will be based on:
- Dimensions and characteristics of the activity affected.
- Natural resources used: water and energy
- Waste generated.
- Possible contamination generated.
TEMA could help you in all the procedures generating the minimum interference with your normal activity.
Our procedure includes:
- Visit the facility to collect data and acquire a detailed knowledge of the situation.
- Quantification of the change as substantial or not, based on the established criteria
- Implementation of application documents, technical form and report.
- Documentation processing in the Administration portal.
- Follow up administrative procedure until final resolution, which will be integrated in the Environmental Authorization.